David Shanahan Lawyer
Tēna koutou katoa.
I’m David Shanahan and I’m here to assist you through your legal challenges. I am a Whangarei lawyer with over 40 years of extensive experience in many areas of law.
As a barrister I have appeared before the High Court, Family Court, District Court, Māori Land Court, Māori Appellate Court and the Waitangi Tribunal.
My areas of practice:
- Family law - Relationship Property, Care of Children
- Māori Land law - Advice on all matters concerning Te Ture Whenua Maori Act 1993 including the establishment and management of trusts and incorporations; succession; utilisation and development of Māori land
- Wills - Advice and preparation of Will which effectively disposes of your property and includes important directives such as guardianship of your children.
- Estate planning - including protection of your assets, establishing a legally valid trust
- Elder Law - Protection of Personal and Property Rights; advice and preparation of Enduring Powers of Attorney, court applications for orders for property management and Welfare guardianship where needed.
- Property law - I can help you when you are buying or selling a house or land, making loan arrangements with your bank or mortgage broker.
David Shanahan is an expert in Family Law, Māori land law, Trusts, Wills, Estates, Elder and Property law
"To empower you as my client to choose the best solutions for your legal issues
through my professional and practical advice."